Organizing a Mini-Symposium ‘MS’ and a Special Session ‘SS’
Participants interested in organizing an MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2024 are requested to submit a proposal to the conference secretariat by April 28, 2023. Prospective MS/SS organizers should consider the following items prior to submitting the proposal:
- There are typically five presentations in a single session.
- An MS is normally composed of no fewer than three sessions on a single topic of substantial current interest and importance in bridge maintenance, safety, management, digitalisation and sustainability aspects. An SS is normally composed of two or one sessions.
- Speakers should be selected primarily for their current contributions to the topic area.
- Speakers should be as representative of domain experts as possible.
- MS/SS organizer may speak as part of the MS/SS he/she is organizing.
- MS/SS are discouraged in which most of the speakers come from the same organization or if all co-authors on the papers being presented in an MS/SS are from the same organization.
Preparation of the Proposal
The MS/SS Organizer(s) are requested to provide the following information:
Describe the subject of the MS/SS as accurately and specifically as possible.
Provide the full name, title, affiliation, and email address.
Describe the MS/SS in not more than 100 words. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on the topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, the following outline is suggested:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important in significant applications.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems.
- Describe the scope of the mini-symposium.
Submitting the Proposal
If you are interested in organizing an MS/SS as part of IABMAS 2023, please submit your proposal, containing the above information, via email to the conference secretariat at